Montel Civil Engineering has been engaged by Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust as Principal Contractor to undertake the construction of a new 71 space staff car park at Princess of Wales Community Hospital, Bromsgrove (POWCH).
The new car park to the North of Churchview Unit will increase parking capacity for staff which will help ease pressure on the current parking facilities and will improve patient and visitor access and parking on site.
The works will consist of:
- Clearing North field site to allow for the creation of the new staff car park which will include earthworks, surfacing, drainage and car parking line painting
- Widening the existing service road leading to the new car park to 5.5 metres, and install new Armco barrier to prevent parking on grass verge.
- Creation of a turning area and drop off point in front of Churchview unit to facilitate easier patient drop off and collection.
- Replace dilapidated POWCH boundary fencing that lies on the boundary between Stourbridge Road and Exmoor drive, including installation of a new locked pedestrian gate.
- Construction of attenuation tanks to reduce the threat of flooding.
- Installation of new CCTV, signage, lighting, electric vehicle charging points and access barriers.
- Installation of retaining walls