Montel Civil Engineering Ltd is committed to operating its business in a manner that is both sensitive and responsible with proper regard to its legal obligations and according to relevant directives, regulations and codes of practice.
It is also committed to supporting the Government’s vision for Corporate Social Responsibility, specifically:
• Promoting business activity that brings simultaneous economic, social and environmental benefits
• Encouraging innovative approaches and continuing development and application of best practices
• Ensuring the best minimum levels of performance in areas such as health & safety, the environment and equal opportunities
• Creating a framework that facilitates business practices that balance profit and success with achievement of social and sustainability goals
• Taking an active part in supporting the local community
Commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility
Montel Civil Engineering Ltd recognises that its operations have an effect on the communities and environment in which it operates. In light of this, Montel Civil Engineering Ltd is committed to operating in a socially responsible manner as well as running its operation in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Local Community & Social Responsibilities
Montel Civil Engineering Ltd is proud to support local community as well as a range of deserving and charitable causes.
• Advertising for new recruits using the local job centre.
• Financial donations to local charities.
Our Work Colleagues
We are committed to ensuring that we provide a motivational and fulfilling environment in which to work. We focus on recruiting and retaining the best people, recognising their achievements and rewarding their efforts within the workplace.
We believe that much of our success can be attributed to the values that we hold and that are embedded throughout the organisation.
Montel Civil Engineering Ltd’s Aim is:
• To be recognised as the best civil engineering and groundworks contractor in our market place
• To deliver our customers requirements through our empowered people, delivering what we promise in a safe way
• Enable our people to realise their full potential
• Be professional and innovative
Montel Civil Engineering Ltd’s core values are as follows:
• To provide a first class, professional service to our clients
• To be courteous, honest and behave with integrity at all times
• Have ambition and teamwork as core principles
• Always act wholeheartedly in the best interests of Montel Civil Engineering Ltd
• Treat each other equally and with respect and dignity
Environmental Management Programme & Objectives
Whilst Montel Civil Engineering Ltd does not produce any emissions or pollutants that come under the Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control Regulations, We carry out Environmental risk assessments and risk assess the findings if applicable.
Montel Civil Engineering Ltd has identified that it’s most significant impacts on the environment include:
• Disposal & recycling of waste (including paper, consumables and electronic equipment)
• Energy & water usage
• Transport and company car usage
• Purchase of consumables
• Noise nuisance
Methods for meeting the objectives within the Environmental Management Programme include:
• Maximising the reuse, recycling and sustainable disposal of waste. All waste paper, cardboard and plastics are recycled, waste segregation where possible on site.
• Minimising unnecessary energy and water usage and waste
• Minimising the impact of company car usage
• Purchasing consumables in an environmentally sustainable and fair manner
• Purchasing latest commercial vehicles
• Environmental Risk Assessments
We have in place a full environmental policy which details how these impacts will be monitored, managed and wherever possible, reduced. Montel Civil Engineering Ltd is proud to hold ISO 14001 accreditation. ISO 14001 is an international standard that specifies a process for controlling and improving a company’s environmental performance.
It is Montel Civil Engineering Ltd’s aim to create an environment that encourages and values diversity within its workforce and builds on the differences individuals bring, enabling Montel Civil Engineering Ltd’s continued success.
We aim to draw upon the widest possible range of views and experiences in order to meet the changing needs of our colleagues, clients and business needs.
We seek to promote diversity and to respond to the needs of all individuals in a fair and reasonable manner, whilst observing our commitment and responsibility to current legislation.
To achieve this, Montel Civil Engineering Ltd will:
• Fulfil its social responsibility towards its colleagues, temporary workers and the communities in which it operates
• Recognise all of its legal obligations
• Make all opportunities (including advertising, interview and selection processes, promotion and training) as accessible as possible to under-represented and protected characteristic groups
• Endeavour to attain a workforce that is representative of the communities from which it is drawn to secure the widest pool of talent possible
• Recruit, train and promote the best person for the job, to make full use of the talents and resources of all our colleagues
• Create a working environment free from unlawful discrimination, victimisation and harassment in which all colleagues are treated with dignity and respect
• Periodically review its selection criteria and procedures to ensure that they remain compliant and maintain a system that ensures fairness
• Distribute and continuously publicise its Equality & Diversity Policy throughout Montel Civil Engineering Ltd, to colleagues, temporary workers, clients, visitors, and elsewhere as appropriate
• Provide the facilities and opportunity for any colleague who believes that they have been treated inequitably within the scope of this policy to raise the matter through the appropriate grievance or complaints procedure
• Log all reported instances of harassment and take action to mitigate and minimise harassment and victimisation wherever possible
• Ensure that colleagues understand that breaches of this policy will not be tolerated and could lead to disciplinary proceedings
Health & Safety
It is Montel Civil Engineering Ltd’s duty to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all colleagues. This requires that regard is paid in particular to:
• Maintaining safe places of work, as well as a healthy and safe working environment
• Providing and maintaining safe systems at work
• Providing health and safety information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of all employees
• Ensuring safety in the use of materials, substances and equipment
• devise appropriate methods of work and provide suitable protective clothing and other safety equipment
• Publishing and regularly updating a Company Safety Policy
Montel Civil Engineering Ltd is vehemently opposed to the use of slavery in all forms; cruel, inhuman or degrading punishments; and any attempt to control or reduce freedom of thought, conscience and religion.
Montel Civil Engineering Ltd will ensure that all of its colleagues and contractors are entitled to their human rights as set out in the Human Rights Act 1998.
Montel Civil Engineering Ltd will not enter into any business arrangement with any person, company or organisation which fails to uphold the human rights of its workers or who breach the human rights of those affected by the organisation’s activities.
Ethical Purchasing & Procurement
Montel Civil Engineering Ltd is committed to procuring its works, goods and services in an ethically and environmentally sensitive way, yet with proper regard to its commercial obligations, ensuring that suppliers deliver to agreed timescales, quality and cost. Purchasing is undertaken in a manner that encourages competition, and offers fair and objective evaluation of offers from all potential suppliers.
This policy will be reviewed regularly and may be altered from time to time in light of Legislative changes or other circumstances.